Important Message Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Right now, we would like nothing more than to welcome you to campus. However, following New York State recommendations related to large gatherings and in an abundance of care for your family and ours, we have made the decision to suspend all campus visits and admissions programming until further notice.
We understand that this cancellation is disappointing. As soon as the global health situation allows, we will resume on-campus visitation. In the meantime, if you would like to learn more about our graduate programs, facilities, and community please email or view our online offerings below.
We offer a variety of virtual sessions to help you make your decision and prepare for graduate studies at VPA. Our virtual sessions include a brief overview of VPA, housing options, financial aid, and time for questions.
*Fall schedule coming soon!
Virtual Graduate Fairs
- 9/28/20 Purdue University Midwest Graduate School Summit
- 9/29/20 Syracuse University Graduate School Fair
- 10/7/20 SUNY Plattsburgh Graduate School Fair
- 10/8/20 SUNY New Paltz Graduate School Fair
- 10/15/20 OCAD Art & Design Graduate School Fair
10 a. m.- 2 p.m.
- 10/16/20 Farmingdale State College Graduate School Fair
- 10/22/20 University of Southern California Graduate School Fair
10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- 10/28/20 Ithaca College Graduate School Fair
11 a.m. -2 p.m.
- 10/28/19 CNY Graduate Fair (SUNY Oneonta, SUNY Oswego, SUNY Cortland, Elmira College)
2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- 11/5/20 Binghamton University Graduate School Fair
11 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- 11/18/20 SUNY Purchase Graduate School Fair
12 – 3 p.m.
National Portfolio Days
The National Portfolio Day Association has made the decision to move all events online for the upcoming season. Syracuse University College of Visual and Performing Arts will be represented at all online graduate events this year.
The following event dates are for students interested in pursuing a graduate degree:
- Saturday October 17
- Sunday October 25
- Saturday October 31
- Sunday November 22
You are strongly encouraged to register for the online platform before the National Portfolio Day event date. You may set up registration here and select the event date(s) you plan to attend. For additional information, check out the FAQs at the National Portfolio Day website.
National Portfolio Days are designed to provide a unique opportunity for you to meet individually with professional representatives of accredited colleges and universities and receive valuable feedback and guidance on your portfolio before you submit it as part of your application. Use this as an opportunity to be inspired, to gain advice as to how to improve or present your portfolio, and to experience a small taste of what it is like to attend a professional art and design program. All Portfolio Day events are free, open to the public.