Information for applying to the master of arts (M.A.) degree program in museum studies is listed below.
- Application deadline: February 1
- To be considered for merit-based awards, please submit your application by February 1.
Completed applications must include:
- Online application.
- Three letters of recommendation. Consult online application for details.
- Academic transcript. Unofficial transcript uploaded to the online application. If you are admitted, an official, degree-bearing transcript must be mailed to the University. Applicants must complete a U.S. bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent in another country) before starting a graduate program.
- Personal statement/essay. Describe in approximately 500 words your main academic interests, why you wish to study for the degree you have chosen, why you wish to study at Syracuse University, how you expect to finance your studies, and your plans for the future after you receive your degree. Upload directly to the online application.
- Academic writing sample. Include a sample of strong academic writing (no more than 10 pages), which should be uploaded directly to the online application.
- Resume. Upload directly to the online application.
- Application fee. A non-refundable application fee of $75. See online application for details.
- Test scores. The GRE is not required, but scores will be reviewed if submitted.
- International students must also meet these requirements.