The Setnor School of Music’s master of arts (M.A.) in audio arts is offered in conjunction with the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
Application information and requirements are listed below.
Application deadline: February 1 for summer admission
- Audio arts currently does not offer fall or spring admission.
Completed applications must include:
- Online application.
- Three letters of recommendation. Consult online application for details.
- Academic transcript. Unofficial transcript uploaded to the online application. If you are admitted, an official, degree-bearing transcript must be mailed to the University. Applicants must complete a U.S. bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent in another country) before starting a graduate program.
- Personal statement/essay. Describe in approximately 500 words your main academic interests, why you wish to study for the degree you have chosen, why you wish to study at Syracuse University, how you expect to finance your studies, and your plans for the future after you receive your degree. Upload directly to the online application.
- Resume. Upload directly to the online application.
- Application fee. A non-refundable application fee of $75. See online application for details.
- Optional sample of work. Applicants may submit a sample of work if desired. Sample of work can be submitted through suvpa.slideroom.com, and can include an audition, music video, or other music-related work OR academic or professional writing sample, such as an academic paper, business idea, or business plan.
- Test scores. The GRE is not required, but scores will be reviewed if submitted.
- International students must also meet these requirements.