Syracuse University | Setnor School of Music
SCI Region II Conference
November 4-6, 2022
In the fall of 2022, Syracuse University’s Setnor School of Music will host the Society of Composers, Incorporated Region II Conference. This conference is the first SCI Region II conference to be held since 2006. Region II includes SCI members from New York, New Jersey, and Puerto Rico. Interested in becoming a member of SCI? For more information, please visit https://wp.societyofcomposers.org/.
Our conference will feature several calls for scores, as well as panel and project proposals. We are partnering with Central New York’s Society for New Music and Symphoria! for this multi-day event. Our guest artist, composer Nilo Alcala, will be the featured composer of the choral concert and will give a pre-concert talk.
The conference will begin with a concert on the evening of Friday, November 4. Activities on Saturday, November 5 include concerts, panels, and networking opportunities. The conference concludes on Sunday, November 6 with a 4:00 p.m. choral concert by Syracuse’s University Singers in Hendricks Chapel.
SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY HOSTS SCI REGION II CONFERENCE
- NOV 4-6, 2022
- 3:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. Check-In: Meet & Greet (Collegian Hotel)
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. Welcome / Catered dinner (5:15) (Collegian)
- 7:30 p.m. CONCERT #1 – Society for New Music (Park Presbyterian)
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. PANEL SESSION (Room 306/308)
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CONCERT #2 – Electronic/Chamber (Shemin)
- 2:30 p.m. CONCERT #3 – Electronic/Chamber (Setnor Auditorium)
- 8:00 p.m. CONCERT #4 – Symphoria! (Crouse-Hinds downtown)
- 11:00 a.m. CONCERT #5 – Electronic/Chamber (Setnor Auditorium)
- 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. PRE-CONCERT TALK with Nilo Alcala (Chapel)
- 4:00 p.m. CONCERT #6 – Choral Concert M&M (Chapel)
The conference includes a variety of calls for scores and proposals, due February 15, 2022. SCI members are invited to send up to two submissions to the conference.
The conference will offer a menu of virtual and in-person registration options.
Attend a Concert
Purchasing tickets to the Symphoria and Society for New Music concerts: The SCI Region II Conference is partnering with two Central NY music organizations, Symphoria (Syracuse’s professional orchestra) and Society for New Music (Syracuse-based new music collective). Two of our six conference concerts feature these organizations performing works by several of you and they are ticketing their concerts separately from our conference. We have discount codes for conference attendees. Please reach out to for more information about discount codes and ticketing.