School of Art
Associate Professor, Studio Arts (Printmaking)
Greenberg’s work is recognized in The Woodcut Artist’s Handbook, published by Firefly Press; Second Sight: Printmaking in Chicago1935-1995, published by Northwestern University Press; and Digital Printmaking Now, published by the Brooklyn Museum of Art. She makes her home and studio in a 200-year-old church in Central New York.
- M.F.A., The School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- B.F.A., The University of Michigan
- Holly Greenberg: Urban Reverb, SUNY Brockport, N.Y.
- On Longing, Walnut Ink Gallery, Michigan City, Ind.
- On Longing, Gallery Lokaal WV, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Lake Effect Editions, Palitz Gallery, New York, N.Y.
- Lost in Translation & Urban Reverb, Urban Institute of Contemporary Art, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- OxBow Winter Benefit, Chicago
- Rated G, Buckham Gallery, Detroit
- 20/20, CPC Gallery, Chicago
- n og ryl, Walnut Ink Gallery, Michigan City, Ind.
- Prints Graphicas Contemporary, Nantucket, Mass.
- Rochester Print Club, Rochester, N.Y.
- Ice Out, Spark Contemporary, Syracuse
- Stone Canoe, Delavan Art Gallery, Syracuse
- The Exquisite Snake, Block Museum, Evanston, Ill.
- The Pop Show 2006, the Kaufmann Arcade, New York, N.Y.
- Syracuse Poster Project, City of Syracuse
- Calendar Months and Other Printed Matter, University of Southern Maine, Portland
- Play Off, Rochester Contemporary, Rochester
- Currents: 25 Years of Collecting Modern & Contemporary Prints, Block Museum, Evanston, Ill.
- On the Mark: Chicago Printmakers Collaborative 1989-2004, Chicago Cultural Center
- Boston Printmakers Biennial, 808 Gallery, Boston
- 79th Annual International Printmakers, Print Center, Philadelphia
- Anthropology in Print, the Gallery at University of Texas, Arlington
- The Ephemeral City, Western Exhibitions, Chicago
- Cathartic Exercises: Carving the Digital Moment, Open Studios Gallery, Toronto
- The Sweet Science of Bruising Lyonswier, Packer Gallery, New York (catalog)
- The Sweet Science of Bruising, Leo Burnett Gallery, Chicago
- The Sweet Science of Bruising, Lyonswier Packer Gallery, Chicago (catalog)
Awards and Honors
- 2004 Constance Saltonstall Fellowship Grant
- 2002 Frans Masereel Fellowship, Kasterlee, Belgium
- 1999 Finalist, Rome Prize, The British Academy in Rome
- 1999 Frans Masereel Fellowship, Kasterlee, Belgium
- 1998 CAAP Grant, Chicago Cultural Center
- 1996 CAAP Grant, Chicago Cultural Center
- 1995 Artists Fellowship Grant, The Illinois Arts Council
- 1995 CAAP Grant, Chicago Cultural Center
- 1995 Kala Institute Fellowship, Berkeley, California
- 1994 Juror’s Choice Award, Evanston Art Center
- 1994 Purchase Award, Rockford Art Museum