Charles E. Morris III
Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies
Affiliated Professor, LGBT Studies
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
- Ph.D., Pennsylvania State University
- Charles E. Morris III, “Context’s Critic, Invisible Traditions, and Queering Rhetorical History,” Quarterly Journal of Speech (2015): 225-243.
- Charles E. Morris III, “Lincoln’s Queer Hands,” Rhetoric & Public Affairs 18 (Spring 2015): 135-140.
- Jason Edward Black and Charles E. Morris III, Eds. An Archive of Hope: Harvey Milk’s Speeches and Writings. Berkeley, CA: University of California Press, 2013. Lambda Literary Award Finalist, 2014.
- Charles E. Morris III, “Sunder the Children: Abraham Lincoln’s Queer Rhetorical Pedagogy,” Quarterly Journal of Speech 99 (November 2013): 395-422.
- Charles E. Morris III, Ed. Remembering the AIDS Quilt. East Lansing: Michigan State University Press, 2011.
- Charles E. Morris III, Ed. Queering Public Address: Sexualities in American Historical Discourse. Columbia, SC: University of South Carolina Press, 2007.
Awards and Honors
- 2012 Inaugural Fellow, CMM Institute for Personal and Social Evolution, Waterhouse Institute for Social Justice of Villanova University, and Fielding University
- 2010 Golden Anniversary Monograph Award, National Communication Association (For “Hard Evidence: The Vexations of Lincoln’s Queer Corpus”)
- 2008 Randy Majors Award, Distinguished Scholarship in LGBTQ Studies, Caucus on LGBTQ Concerns, National Communication Association
- 2003 Golden Anniversary Monograph Award, National Communication Association (For “Pink Herring and the Fourth Persona: J. Edgar Hoover’s Sex Crime Panic”)
- 2001 Research Fellow, Robert Penn Warren Center for the Humanities, Vanderbilt University (2001-02)
- CRS 360 Public Memory
- CRS 360 Lincoln’s Rhetorical Worlds
- CRS 568 Rhetoric of Social Change
- CRS 600 Closet Cases