Official University Information
Syracuse University has created an official web page to provide resources, information, and important health and safety precautions for Fall Semester 2020.
VPA’s administrative staff members continue to be available to assist you during regular business hours, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Please refer to our list of administrative offices for phone and email contact information.
Syracuse University and VPA have suspended all campus visits, student-led tours, and admissions programming until further notice. Prospective first-year and transfer students are invited to participate in our virtual sessions. If you have questions, please email .
The staff of VPA’s Office of Academic and Career Advising is available during normal business hours via email and phone. Unless otherwise instructed by your academic or career advisor, please schedule your appointments through Handshake or Orange Success and note your preferred method of communication (phone or email). There may be opportunities to meet with your academic or career advisor via video (e.g. Zoom, Blackboard Collaborate, Whatsapp); please contact your advisor for video call options.
- Each staff member in the Office of Academic and Career Advising is available remotely from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Continue to check your syr.edu email for updates and information.
- Check your syr.edu email and login to Blackboard for information and updates from your faculty.
- Contact the Financial Aid office if you do not have access to a computer and need funding assistance to purchase one.
- Check the University’s webpage for updates related to the COVID-19 emergency.
Please visit the VPA faculty and staff directory for email addresses. If you have questions or concerns, please contact Carol Ruffin, director of the Office of Academic and Career Advising, or reach out to your academic or career advisor.
The Office of Academic and Career Advising offers these career resources for current students during COVID-19.
Commencement and VPA Convocation
Commencement 2020 will be held in Syracuse University’s stadium after the roof replacement project is complete and once health officials advise large gatherings are once again safe. Please visit www.syracuse.edu/academics/commencement/ for more information about Commencement and VPA’s convocation as it becomes available.
VPA’s events calendar is regularly updated and includes notifications of postponements and cancellations.
Faculty Teaching and Learning Resources
- Academic Continuity Resources Toolkit
- Rapid Online Course Development Guide
- Our Libraries have assembled Faculty Resources for Online Teaching
- The Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence (CTLE) offers resources and individual consultations. Of note, Jeanine Irons, who is a faculty developer and former K-12 educator in the CTLE, is available to provide consultations for faculty members who are trying to manage gearing up to teach our University students online while also homeschooling their own children.
- We have an institutional membership for the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity, which offers several types of resources. Instructions for activating your membership are available on the Faculty Affairs web site.
Technology and Accessibility
We recognize that moving teaching online creates challenges for disability-related accommodations. Faculty can request an accommodation online or contact the accommodation specialist/ADA coordinator at .
Remote Access to Campus Resources
Syracuse University’s Information Technology Services and VPA’s Office of Information Technology (IT). offer several options for remote access to systems and data at the University. The right choice for you depends on your individual needs and circumstances. Learn more about remote access options.
Student Home Use Licensing of Adobe Creative Suite
As a result of campus closure, student access to Adobe Creative Cloud in labs and classrooms is not available. Adobe has provided temporary at-home access for impacted students and faculty so that they can continue their work remotely. Learn more about enabling access to Creative Cloud Desktop Apps on your personal device.