The Department of Communication and Rhetorical Studies’ Engaging Careers NYC is a two-day experience for undergraduates that hones and develops their networking skills. Each day is designed as a career-focused experience that brings CRS students into New York City to engage in constructive dialogue with alumni in diverse professions at various career stages. Students discuss with these mentors practical and creative applications of the communication industry as well as strategies and tools for success in securing opportunities.
Fourteen CRS majors attended the 2015 trip. Highlights included:
- A breakfast meeting and tour at LinkedIn with Naysa Mishler ’05 (Newhouse), Annie Stankevich ‘09 (SOM), Laura Nivoccia ’94 (SOM), and Keegan Slattery ’13 (iSchool);
- A lecture and luncheon with CRS alumnus David Greenberg ’86, president of Greenberg Capital;
- A public relations workshop with CRS alumna Jennifer Vasquez ’09 of JCV Consulting;
- A CRS alumni networking session with alumni mentors Algerson Andre ’10, Cory Ferreira ’09, Amanda Fishman ’11, Terron Moore ’10, Victoria (Tori) Morini ’14, Ben Poltarak ’07, Alex Redlus ’10, Evin Robinson ’12 G ’14, and Tali Simon ‘13, followed by an alumni reception; and
- A VIP visit and tour with Tori Morini ’14 on the set of ABC’s Good Morning America