1. In Person
- It is recommended that you audition in person if possible.
- All auditions are performed unaccompanied, with the exception of vocal auditions. Vocal applicants should bring a legal copy of the sheet music in the key in which you will sing. Accompaniment will be provided at on- and off-campus auditions. Taped accompaniment is not acceptable.
- Please note that sight-reading may be included in the in-person audition.
- We ask that you fill out the Music Resume prior to your arrival for an audition.
In person auditions are available on specific dates at the following events on campus:
- Music Audition Days. Register for an audition. (Please note that this site will not become active until after September 15.)
Regional auditions are available off campus on specific dates at the following locations. We regret that regional auditions are not available for percussion or organ applicants. Also, please note that jazz/commercial auditions are not available in Washington, D.C. Piano auditions are not available in New York City or Washington, D.C.
- Washington, D.C., Syracuse University Greenberg House
- New York City, Syracuse University Lubin House
- Boston, Community Music Center
Applicants may submit their audition materials (video, and if applicable, compositions) to us online. You may upload video files (.mov, .wmv, .flv) and PDF documents as appropriate to the requirements for your major of interest. It is also possible for you to embed files from YouTube or Vimeo. The online portal offers additional instruction for submitting materials. Once your audition is submitted, it can be viewed and rearranged until the final submission. For technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a $30 fee for each submission you make through Acceptd.
3. By mail
If you must submit by mail, please contact email@example.com for instructions.