Applicants to the Setnor School of Music may complete their audition in person or online as described below. If possible, it is recommended that you audition in person. Auditions may be submitted before or after the application but should meet all deadlines. Please review the audition and repertoire requirements carefully so that all components are completed by the deadlines.
Please note: Accept’d charges a $15 fee to submit the required Music Audition Form (students auditioning in person) OR a $30 fee to submit audition videos and the Music Audition Form (students auditioning online).
1. In Person
- All auditions are performed unaccompanied, with the exception of vocal auditions. Vocal applicants should bring a legal copy of the sheet music in the key in which you will sing. Accompaniment will be provided at on- and off-campus auditions. Taped accompaniment is not acceptable.
- Students auditioning in person will take a theory test and a short ear training exam.
- Please note that sight-reading may be included in the in-person audition.
- We regret that regional auditions are not available for percussion or organ applicants. Also, please note that jazz/commercial auditions are not available in Boston, and piano auditions are not available in New York City.
In person auditions are available on specific dates at the following locations:
- Syracuse, N.Y. (Setnor School of Music, Crouse College)
- New York City (Syracuse University Fisher Center)
- Boston (Community Music Center of Boston)
Register for an audition on our registration site. (Note: the registration site will re-open in fall 2018.)
Once you have registered for an audition, you will receive a link to the Music Audition Form in Accept’d. This link will be found in your confirmation email. Please submit the audition form to Accept’d at least two weeks prior to your audition date. There is a $15 fee to submit this required form when auditioning in person.
To complete an online video submission, you must first register for an online audition on our registration site. (Note: the registration site will re-open in fall 2018.). Once you have registered, you will receive a link to submit your audition video through Accept’d.
There is a $30 fee to submit video audition materials to Accept’d.
You may upload video files (.mov, .wmv, .flv) and PDF documents as appropriate to the requirements for your major of interest. It is also possible for you to embed files from YouTube or Vimeo. The online portal offers additional instruction for submitting materials. Once your audition is submitted, it can be viewed and rearranged until the final submission. For technical assistance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.