Syracuse University National Portfolio Day
The Syracuse University School of Art and Design in the College of Visual and Performing Arts invites you to attend a National Portfolio Day on Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 10 am - 2 pm at the Manley Field House on the Syracuse University campus.
What is a National Portfolio Day?
An opportunity for those who wish to pursue an education and career in the visual and related arts to meet with representatives from institutions offering professional programs accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design. There will be representatives from 34 schools from around the country attending the SU NPD this year!
The Syracuse University School of Art and Design in the College of Visual and Performing Arts invites you to attend a National Portfolio Day on Saturday, October 25, 2014 from 10 - 2 p.m. at Manley Field House.
This event is free and open to the public. Reservations are not required.
Directions can be found at the bottom of this page.
What Do I Do?
1. Be sure you know how to get here and arrive early so you get a good place in line.
2. Locate the schools you want to meet with and make a “LINE STRATEGY” so you can see as many schools as possible in the 4 hours.
3. Share your portfolio with faculty and representatives from schools you might wish to attend
4. Listen, get feedback, and ask lots of questions
5. Get new ideas, have fun and keep working on your portfolio
Present Your Work
- Check the portfolio requirements for each school you plan to see
- Include your best and most recent work
- Show off ideas, creativity, and originality
- Organize your portfolio so it’s easy to view
- Bring your own device if you plan to show time-based work or digital media
Find Your Fit: Attending Schools
- Alfred University, School of Art & Design
- Bradley University
- California College of the Arts
- Center for Art and Design The College of Saint Rose
- Cleveland Institute of Art
- College for Creative Studies
- Columbus College of Art & Design
- Concordia University
- Fashion Institute of Technology, SUNY
- FIDM/Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising
- Lesley University College of Art and Design
- Lyme Academy College of Fine Arts
- Maine College of Art
- Marywood University
- MICA (Maryland Institute College of Art)
- Montserrat College Of Art
- New Hampshire Institute of Art
- New York School of Interior Design
- OCAD University
- Parsons The New School For Design
- Pratt Institute
- Purchase College, SUNY: School of Art+Design
- Ringling College of Art & Design
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- School of Visual Arts
- St. John’s University
- Syracuse University College of Visual and Performing Arts
- The Cooper Union School of Art