On Oct. 25, Syracuse University launched Boost the ’Cuse II, a day of giving, and the College of Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) is proud to announce the results of its participation:
- Gifts to the college totaled $58,321, which is more than double the VPA total from the first Boost the ’Cuse in 2017 ($27,218).
- VPA doubled its number of donors (265 in 2018, 153 in 2017).
- Because the college reached—and surpassed--its goal of 200 donors, the VPA Council gave the college $60,250. Of this amount, $38,000 is reflected in our Boost the ’Cuse total, as some gifts were received after October 25.
- VPA was in the top half of all schools, colleges, and units in terms of total dollars raised and in the top third in terms of total donors. These results represent a significant improvement from 2017.
- VPA increased giving in all constituent groups, with significant increases in its top three groups: alumni, current parents, and faculty/staff.
- Both Dean Michael S. Tick's matching gift challenge for faculty and Assistant Dean Tracy Tajbl’s matching gift challenge for staff were met 100 percent.
- Nearly half of VPA's donors gave between $1-$49, proving that small gifts make a difference.
The college would like to thank everyone who gave generously and made Boost the 'Cuse II a success.