Syracuse University’s College of Visual and Performing Arts (SU:VPA) has announced that 12 seniors have been named SU:VPA Scholars, the college’s highest undergraduate academic honor. Two of the scholars, Emma Ettinger and Bryan Sweeney, were named University Scholars, the highest undergraduate honor that the University bestows.
The SU:VPA Scholars program was established to recognize the achievements of the college’s top seniors. Students are selected based on academic performance, creative/scholarly work and service to the college and the community. The scholars are recognized at SU:VPA’s annual convocation ceremony, which will be held during SU’s Commencement Weekend on Saturday, May 13, at 7:30 p.m. in the Carrier Dome. University Scholars represent the entire graduating class at the University's May 14 Commencement ceremony.
The 2017 SU:VPA Scholars and their majors are:
- Karina Campos, industrial and interaction design
- Emma Ettinger, stage management*
- Joan Kao, environmental and interior design
- Mackenzie Mildram, music education
- Alexandra Myers, ceramics
- Erol Ozcelik, industrial and interaction design
- Haley Parks, theater design and technology
- Bryan Sweeney, music composition*
- Diana Steinmetz, communications design
- Natalie Vinciguerra, film
- Forrest Vreeland, film
- Laura Wright, industrial and interaction design