The following resources and opportunities are available for non-music majors in the Setnor School of Music.
Private Music Instruction Registration Form
For non-music majors only
Declaration of Minor Form
Non-music majors can download and complete this file to declare a music minor (login with SU Net ID and password required).
CD Duplication Form
For events recorded in Setnor Auditorium
Join an Ensemble!
The Setnor School of Music offers a variety of choral and instrumental ensembles open to students of all majors across Syracuse University and SUNY ESF. Some ensembles require an audition, while others are open to all.
Lockers and Practice Room Keys
Lockers are available for storage of music and instruments for music majors on their primary instrument. Students should check in with the graduate assistant in the Operations Office, Room 301 Crouse College, for assignment of a locker. Space is extremely limited, so additional lockers, or lockers for non-music majors may not be available. Students can request to be placed on a waiting list by emailing Bryan Watson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to obtain a working practice room key, you must follow these steps:
- Fill out, submit, and print out the Practice Room Key Request Form. (If you can’t submit, there is likely a field that is not complete.)
- Bring the form to Room 301 Crouse College and turn it in for a practice room key (student must provide proof of registration in a music class or lessons)
- Any lost key or key not returned will result in a fee of $25 for replacement.
- At the end of the academic year, turn the key back in to 301 Crouse College.
- If you do not return the key, you cannot receive a new key for the following semester until the replacement fee has been paid.