The Career Development Center offers programs and services designed specifically to help Setnor music majors develop their careers and musical portfolios.
The center offers career advising, lectures, and workshops to help Setnor students prepare for careers as musical entrepreneurs. Students can schedule one-on-one advising with the center's director, Joshua Dekaney, for help with resumes, contracts, cover letters, websites, and social media. Students can also meet with Dekaney after convo each Thursday outside of Room 301 Crouse College.
Keys to Success
- Always be on time.
- Get along with everybody.
- Be the best you can be on your instrument.
- Beyond Talent: Creating a Successful Career in Music, Angela Myles Beeching, 2nd ed. Oxford, New York: Oxford University Press, 2010.
- The Savvy Musician: Building a Career, Earning a Living and Making a Difference, David Cutler. Pittsburgh: Helius Press, 2010.
- The Music Lesson: A Spiritual Search for Growth through Music, Victor L. Wooten. New York: Berkley Books, 2006.
- The Best Jobs in the Music Industry, Michael Redman. Milwaukee: Hal Leonard Books, 2013.