Why Our Program?
- You will be immediately immersed in a program of pre-professional study in your first year.
- After your first year you may try out for various production opportunities, including department main stage productions, Syracuse Stage co-productions, numerous student- and faculty-sponsored productions, and Syracuse Stage productions in appropriate roles. You may earn Equity points through work with Syracuse Stage.
- If you're interested in directing or playwriting, you may take additional courses in these areas under elective requirements.
- You will meet numerous nationally and internationally renowned visiting and resident professional artists, some of whom are drama alumni. These guests often teach workshops and master classes, providing experiences and insight that both broaden and deepen your studies.
- You can take advantage of global study opportunities in New York City; Los Angeles; and London, England.
- When you graduate, you will belong to a global network of enthusiastic alumni, many of whom mentor students in achieving success at SU:VPA and beyond.
The Syracuse Stage/Drama Theater Complex, also known as the Regent Theater Complex, houses the Department of Drama and Syracuse Stage. It contains three theaters and a cabaret space as well as dance studios, performance/rehearsal studios, lecture rooms, seminar rooms, musical practice rooms, locker rooms, and showers.