Why Our Program?
- With a focus on environmental and social responsibility, our program will prepare you to develop design solutions that meet current needs and future demands.
- You may study abroad in London, England, a city renowned for its cutting-edge design.
- Our active student chapter of the Industrial Designers Society of America (IDSA) affords opportunities to engage with fellow design students and industry professionals.
- You will engage with an impressive array of nationally and internationally known visiting designers who come to The Warehouse to lecture and critique work.
- When you graduate, you will belong to a global network of enthusiastic alumni, many of whom mentor students in achieving success at VPA and beyond.
The industrial and interaction design program is located on the fifth floor of SU's Nancy Cantor Warehouse, home of the School of Design. The building, located in downtown Syracuse, features professional studio facilities for each design program; two shared computer labs; a printing lab; and Design Works, a fabrication lab.
Throughout the year, the industrial and interaction design program and the School of Design welcomes numerous nationally and internationally known visiting designers to campus. Spanning the disciplines, these designers, some of whom are alumni, give presentations and lectures and often critique student work. They are a critical component of your artistic growth. Recent guests have included Massimo Vignelli, Bill Mak, and Gianfranco Zaccai ’70 H’09.