Why Our Program?
- You will develop your ability to solve real-world problems and learn to think strategically.
- Your senior portfolio will be shown to design professionals at SU's Lubin House in New York City.
- You may study abroad in London, England, a city renowned for its cutting-edge design.
- You will engage with an impressive array of nationally and internationally known visiting designers who come to The Warehouse to lecture and critique work.
- When you graduate, you will belong to a global network of enthusiastic alumni, many of whom mentor students in achieving success at VPA and beyond.
The communications design program is located on the third floor of SU's Nancy Cantor Warehouse, home of the School of Design. The building, located in downtown Syracuse, features professional studio facilities for each design program; two shared computer labs; a printing lab; and Design Works, a fabrication lab.
Throughout the year the communications design program and the School of Design welcomes numerous nationally and internationally known visiting designers to campus. Spanning the disciplines, these designers, some of whom are alumni, give presentations and lectures and often critique student work. They are a critical component of your artistic growth.
Past guests have included Mark Bevington G’08, Glenn Clark, Lynda Decker ’91, Alan Dye '97, Kit Hinrichs, Deanne McLean, Tim Mendola, Paul Seymour ’83, Paul and Sandra Tsang, Minh Uong, James Victore, Massimo Vignelli, and Anthony Viola.