All of the School of Design's programs are housed in The Nancy Cantor Warehouse, Syracuse University's seven-floor building located in downtown Syracuse.
The Warehouse’s open, industrial space was renovated to contain professional studio facilities for each design program; two shared computer labs; a printing lab; and Design Works, a fabrication lab. A student lounge, café, and the Sue & Leon Genet Gallery are conveniently located on the first floor. The Warehouse has a 24-hour security desk, and students have continually running bus service to and from Main Campus.
In addition to fashion design studios, the seventh floor of The Warehouse houses the Sue Ann Genet Costume Collection. This historic clothing collection, established in the 1930s, was renamed in the 1980s by Syracuse University alumnus Leon Genet in memory of his wife, Sue Ann Genet, a textile artist and sculptor. The collection, which is comprised of more than 2,500 women’s garments and accessories from 1820 to the present, is used for exhibition, research, and as classroom examples. Notable groupings found within the collection include impressive holdings from the American Progressive Era (1890-1920), as well as large individual groupings by such 20th century designers as Geoffrey Beene, Bill Blass, Bonnie Cashin, Mary McFadden, Emilio Pucci, and Adele Simpson.