WHY OUR PROGRAM?
- You can combine your art practice with another academic field(s) of study at Syracuse, a major research university.
- Your artistic exploration can include one of our studio arts intensives in ceramics, jewelry and metalsmithing, painting, printmaking, and sculpture.
- Go global! Take advantage of numerous global study opportunities in such amazing places as New York City and Florence, Italy.
- You can engage with an impressive array of nationally and internationally known visiting artists who come to the School of Art each year.
- When you graduate, you will belong to a global network of enthusiastic alumni, many of whom mentor students in achieving success at VPA and beyond.
The School of Art's studio art facilities are located in Comstock Art Facility (ComArt) and Shaffer Art Building.
Learn more about our facilities for:
Throughout the year the School of Art welcomes numerous nationally and internationally known visiting artists to campus. Spanning the disciplines, these artists, designers, and educators, some of whom are alumni, give presentations and lectures and often critique student work. They are a critical component of your artistic growth. Recent guests have included Benjamin Entner, Miki Soejima, Tommy Kha, Jay Ryan, Crystal Wagner, Carl Ostendarp, Letha Wilson, Richard Roth, Amy Tavern, Cauleen Smith, Peter Gourfain, Jeremy Lundquist, and Alexandra Grant.